La Jetée [1962/2016]
Live Re-Score by LARVA
Edition of 6
Cassette Side A:
La Jetée [1962/2016] - 26' 48"
Cassette Side B:
[6102\2691] eèteJ aL - "84 '62
La Jetée [Endless] - ∞' ∞"
The second release from Ondes Positive’s in-house band LARVA.
Recorded live at Flatpack Film Festival [UK] in April 2016, LARVA's re-scoring of
Chris Marker's 1962 Science Fiction short 'La Jetée' sets out to re-frame the film from existential romance to abyssal fugue.
The soundtrack is scored in part for a new instrument, created specifically for this project: The Glass Chroma-Harp. Based on the Glass Armonica, a classical instrument invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 18th Century, the Chroma-Harp uses glass, water and analogue tape delay to create a unique multi-timbral sound which is in keeping with the film's disturbing fatalism.
The Chroma-Harp is intonated in a colour sequence rather than with scaled notes, and the player must use intuition and improvisation in their approach.
Exclusive to this edition is an individually composed endless tape-loop cassette using elements of the full re-score.
• Unique 'Endless' loop-cassette housed in custom printed pod
• High-Quality C-57 audio cassette with full-face printing, in hand-labelled O-Card
• Cassette B-Side features '[6102\2691] eèteJ aL' - exclusive to tape editions
• 35mm film reel containing photo-strip packed in custom 35mm film box
• Set of five 5" x 7" matte photo prints in light-proof bag, selected from images
created by LARVA using a 'Print-Through' re-photographic technique.
• Information sheet printed on heavyweight architect paper
• Links to additional audio/visual content
• Housed in custom 'Photo Paper' box
• Hand numbered edition of 6 copies
[Please Note: The 'Endless' tape loop cassette featured in this edition is NOT compatible with all models of tape playback equipment.]
Shipping Costs: Because of the limited nature of this edition all items will be robustly packed and sent Tracked & Insured, which is reflected in the shipping costs.